Monday, March 16, 2009

Mea Culpa


Well, welcome everyone to Blue Ohio Blog. Today is the re-launch of Blue Ohio after about 18 months of dormancy, but given the circumstances surrounding the re-launch I feel its appropriate to start off with an apology. I'm even borrowing the puppy picture that David used over at BSB to do it.

It has become clear to me that in the circumstances surrounding my interview of Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher, I had misplaced my priorities. My priorities should have been with Modern, David, all the other BSB front pagers, as well as Buckeye State's valued readers. Instead, they were with the Fisher campaign. I allowed them too much control over all facets of the interview. For that, I apologzie. It won't happen again. 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, for what it's worth, I don't think you owe anyone an apology. That thing was blown way out of proportion.

That said, I'm fully aware most of your readers probably don't care what I think. Still, don't beat yourself up over the thing...

Mike said...

Apparently Eric and Tim control the content of your blog and your blog comments.

Time to reclaim your manhood, Nick.

Nick D said...

Hey Mike, no one controls this blog except for me.

I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from using profanities while commenting on this blog. At BSB I could go in and "bleep" out the cuss words but I apparently can't do that here. So the only option I have is the trash can.

Hope this clears things up.

Mike said...

Nick,

That's fair, I sincerely apologize and I'll refrain, but frankly seeing Eric's comment on Russo's blog made a strong cause & effect relationship to the removed comment.

In any case, I will restate my main point in more delicate language:

The whole concept that anyone, yourself included, would sit still and take a lecture from Tim Russo on anything related to ethics is vomit inducing (I hope vomit isn't too strong a word for Blue Ohio Blog).

Given his (and let's be delicate here) checkered legal past and the widely discuss notion that we really don't have any evidence that he's reformed his ways. Recidivism in this particular area of crime is rather high, I'm afraid, and I speak as someone who has a son soon to be in Russo's prefered age range.

In short, I really don't think you did anything wrong. Blogs of all stripes tend to take themselves too seriously in the political process and seeing Russo climb up on his high horse and lecture you really set me off and drove me to "colorful" language.

Again, I apologize for my language and look forward to reading more on this blog.